The Christian West has a serious problem with family formation.
Christians blame this crisis on an intruding secular culture. I strongly disagree. The problem is religious in nature and perpetuated by the moral permissiveness of insecure church leaders who lack either an understanding of sexual dynamics or the courage to wrestle with them. There are three widespread sins of which the church itself must confess and repent:
1) The gnostic belief that sexual attraction between a man and a woman is sinful because it is carnal.
2) The antinatalistic attitude that it is morally preferable for Christians not to marry and reproduce except under idyllic circumstances.
3) The feminist unwillingness to preach hard realities about female sexual nature while institutionally aiding and abetting the feminine imperative.
The combined effect of these sins is to emasculate Betas, encourage spinsterhood, enable sluts, and disillusion Alphas. To borrow a saying from 2nd Amendment advocates, by criminalizing reproduction we have ensured that only criminals will reproduce. And the statistical reality bears out this prediction.
Despite the vehement accusations I’ve received from supposedly superintelligent Christians, I am by no means advocating a philosophy of free love. My imaginary utopia would be a monogamous meritocracy, where 10s marry 10s, 9s marry 9s, and so on down to the 1s, who can decide whether they’d rather marry or be single. But this is unrealistic in the modern day, where 25% of men are despoiling 75% of the women and the remaining 25% of women feel entitled to punch four and five points above their (considerable) weight.