This is a fun read: https://theamericansun.com/2022/01/31/city-mouse-country-mouse-covid-edition/
However, it falls into the conservative trap of pointing out hypocrisy in the service of appearing reasonable so as to fuel a martyr complex. It’s not reasonable to take unreasonable people at their word and then fail to understand them when the implicit logic of their actions is so easy to interpret a neanderthal can do it.
The pro-vax mental model:
- Bad things happen at random.
- The vax makes bad things happen less often and be less bad.
- Unvaxxed people are therefore sources of highly increased random badness.
- If bad thing happens and you’re vaxxed it would have been worse if you weren’t.
- If bad thing happens and you’re not vaxxed it would have better better if you were.
Everybody’s getting caught up in the explicit facts and logic. But as you and I know, the purpose of speaking is to cast spells. To quote a study is to cast a ward of protection against the virus. That’s why we should write them in Latin, the old languages have greater power in their Words. Invictus Covidus Sanctum Espiritus Ullshitbus. Amen.